Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Horror Movie Challenge #49: "23:59"

I realized today that I haven't watched any Asian horror films yet for the challenge, and this seemed like a glaring oversight to me, since those are usually my favorites.  I decided to rectify that by watching this movie about a platoon of soldiers who are haunted by mysterious ghosts.  Supposedly, legend has it that anyone who dies at 23:59 (11:59PM Military time) will haunt the world because his soul cannot rest.  After hearing this legend, one insecure soldier convinces himself that he will die, and he obsesses about it until he actually disappears.  As the mystery unravels, it covers family curses, pregnant women who give birth to demon-possessed children, and a soldier who doesn't want to believe that he can see ghosts.  The whole plot is a little confusing, but it was a spooky idea and it's done well, so I had a good time watching this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment