Friday, October 25, 2013

Horror Challenge #63: "A Haunting at Silver Falls"

This is your typical ghost story about vengeful ghosts who are pissed off so they hang around haunting the living.  An orphaned teenage girl moves in with her aunt and uncle after her dad dies, and she soon discovers the town where they live is supposedly haunted by the ghosts of two teenage girls who were killed by their father years ago (their father is on death row).  The ghosts keep showing up and being pests, opening and closing doors and making the lights flicker, and the teenage girl soon realizes that the ghost stories are true.  Over the years, many people have claimed that they saw the ghosts, but these people have all committed suicide, so someone needs to solve the mystery of what these damn ghosts want before they kill everyone in the entire town.

I've seen so many movies that it's hard to surprise me with a twist ending, but this one did surprise me.  I asn't expecting a twist and I thought I pretty much had the movie figured out from the beginning.  the twist is mean-spirited and nasty too, so I liked it.  The ghost effects are kind of silly looking at times, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment