Thursday, October 31, 2013

Horror Challenge #89: "Return to Horror High"

So I've wanted to see this movie for many years, ever since I used to see the video cover back in video stores in the 80s (I pretty much wanted to see every horror movie back then).  I hear tell that this was supposed to be a horror comedy instead of a straight up horror movie, which looks to be the case having watched it, but it's really not that funny.  Mostly annoying.  It's supposed to be smart and self-aware, about a high school where brutal murders occurred that were never solved, and now a crew is there filming a movie, but people are getting killed again, so now the crew has to solve the old murders in order to stop the killings today.  there's a lot of campy gore and people doing stupid things, and then there's a "wacky" twist at the end that I don't even want to try and describe.  Suffice it to say I'm not really even sure what happened, and I saw the movie.  It's just not as fun as it seems to think it is, so I can't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment