Monday, October 29, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #87: "Night of the Comet"



I always get this movie mixed up with "Night of the Creeps," so I kept thinking I've seen this before until I read the description and was like "um...nope...don't think I've seen this," which is the opposite of the other phenomena I experience where I watch a whole movie before I realize I've seen it before. Getting old and forgetful is so much fun. Luckily it ends with me getting to watch a quirky 80s zombie movie I've never seen before. Win win.

So in this movie, a comet crashes into earth, killing most people and turning the rest into zombies. There are a few survivors, people who were in steel-lined shelters when the comet hit are ok, but they have to contend with most of the population of earth being turned to dust, and some zombie creatures who want to kill them. There's a group of scientists looking for survivors, but it's unclear exactly what they're studying or what they plan to do.

At first the main characters in this movie annoyed me, then I grew to like the teenage sisters and the loner truck driver they meet along the way. Then we meet some truly annoying guys at a local mall, and I wanted to stab myself in the face. The scientists seem pissed at each other all the time, and one female scientist who's always in a pissy mood, and I didn't like her much until I discovered why she's always do angry, then it made more sense.

It would be just my luck that the world would end and the only people in authority left alive were a bunch of dickheads. Talk about bad luck. I did enjoy the main characters, and the super cheesy 80s music is a lot of fun too. Overall this is a fun watch and I'm glad I finally checked it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment