Friday, October 5, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #15: "The Wonderful Land of Oz"



I always try to check out some kids horror/spooky movies throughout the challenge, and I figured I'd start with this one, because while I've seen the original Wizard of Oz a million times and read the book a bunch of times too, I've never read any of the sequels or seen their respective movies. I've heard that "Return to Oz" is incredibly creepy, so I hoped that this one would be fun and spooky too.

Unfortunately, this movie is really tedious and boring. It's about a good witch and her efforts to restore order to the land of Oz after some things go horribly wrong, but the movie itself is horribly wrong. The acting isn't great, the effects aren't special, the songs are annoying, and the plot really doesn't make much sense when you look at it. If you're looking to share the magic of Oz with your kids, look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment