Friday, October 26, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #76: "Monster Family"



The last movie I watched was really depressing,  so I needed a break and something that wouldn't make me want to throw myself in front of a bus, so I settled on this one.  It's another kid friendly Halloween movie, so I was hoping it would be fun.

This movie is about a family who encounter a cranky old witch who uses her magic amulet to turn them into the real monsters depicted by their Halloween costumes. They have to track her down and get her to change them back or they'll have to spend the rest of their lives as monsters.

Honestly,  I didn't like these characters much when the movie starts. The kids do nothing but fight (like, seriously,  the sister kicks her little brother down the stairs) and the dad doesn't care, and the mom tries to keep the family together, but they do nothing but mock her and complain. Once the spell takes place and they start to actually give a crap, it gets better.

I don't love how the mom basically says she has to stay married even if she's unhappy because when you're a mom, that's just what you do. Let's try and make it better instead of wallowing in the bad, how about that? Like I said, it does get better though, and once the family band together, I liked them better and the movie became more fun. This movie ends up being really cute, and I did enjoy it after the first few hiccups at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment