Monday, October 29, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #89: "Bunks (2013)"



I'm all about the kid friendly horror right now. Hey, I have to have a few movies under my hat for in case I wind up watching horror movies with kids. This movie has a good pedigree, having aired on Disney, so I gave it a chance. It's about two troublemaking teenage brothers who are sent to military camp to straighten them out. They manipulate two other teenagers, counselors from camp Bushwhack, into taking their place, an d.c. they head to camp Bushwhack as counselors. They wind up being in charge of a cabin full of troublemakers, and they spend their first night telling ghost stories which end up coming true. Whoops.

I never got to go to camp when I was a kid. I always wanted to, but it never happened, so I really enjoy movies that take place at camp, so I can live vicariously through the characters. Funtimes. I can definitely relate to the characters in this movie, because if I were in charge of some campers, the first thing I'd do is tell a bunch of ghost stories, and if they started coming true, I'd be ready to fight off a bunch of zombies and ghosts. I've watched enough horror movies to have a good idea of what to do. This is another movie that's silly, but I had fun with it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment