Sunday, October 7, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #18: "Terror at Tenkiller"



It's  been a few days since I watched a slasher movie, so I had to rectify that by giving this one a chance. It's another 80s slasher that I've somehow never seen before, so i was all over it and eager to give it a watch. Slashers are my favorite horror subgenres, so I tend to enjoy them even when they're terrible, which is a good thing because this one is pretty bad.

The movie is about two college friends who decide to take a vacation in a secluded cabin by a lake that belongs to one girl's family. The other girl is in an abusive relationship, and her friend wants her to take time away to consider her options and dump the abusive jerk. Unfortunately, there's an even MORE misogynistic killer lurking by the lake, who becomes obsessed with one of the girls and wants to keep her for his own.

I just made the movie sound like it has a plot, but honestly I only learned how to watch a long, boring, rambling collection of scenes and condense them down to a description that makes it sound like a good movie instead of a pe of useless crap. Fear me and my mighty reviewing skills. This movie has terrible acting (and I mean BAD even by my pathetically low standards) and long, rambling shots that serve no purpose other than to pad the movie's running time. I kept almost falling asleep out of sheer boredom (I should have let myself fall asleep; maybe I would have dreamed myself a better movie). Seriously, I only barely managed to find redeeming value here, so most people should skip this movie and save themselves the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment