Tuesday, October 2, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #6: "Terrifier"



And here we have my first creepy clown horror movie of this year's challenge. I'll be honest with you, clowns kinda creep me out under normal circumstances, so it doesn't take much for a clown-themed horror movie to freak me out. The clown in this particular movie is extra spooky, and he was the scariest part of an anthology horror movie I saw last year called "All Hollows Eve," so I'm glad they decided to give him his own movie. This one has gotten mixed reviews, but like I said, I like clown horror movies, so I was hoping I'd enjoy it.

The movie is about some people being stalked by a killer clown. The opening sequence features a television interview with a woman who survived an earlier massacre, and her face is horribly scarred, with some good makeup effects making the scenes extra creepy. Then we meet the main characters, two drunk girls trying to get home after partying all Halloween night. Of course things don't go well for them, as they run afoul of the sadistic killer known as "Al the Clown."

The clown mask in this movie really works for me and makes the killer extra scary, so it was a good choice. I really don't know why people didn't like this movie. It's not the pinnacle of cinematic genius or anything, but it's got some good gore, the performances by the leads are pretty good, and it was a fun way to kill an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment