Friday, October 19, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #55: "The Psychotronic Man"



All good things must end. Especially when we do something stupid like say in a movie review "gee, all the movies I've watched today have been good!" That's right, folks, my streak of good movies came to a screeching, boring halt with this movie. It's described as a "cult horror/sci-fi film from the 70s" but it's hard to imagine a cult actually wanting to watch this movie, unless maybe they want to use it as a weapon to bore people to death.

So this movie iui s about a man who has weird dreams and experiences blackouts, then one day he discovers he has the power to kill people with his mind. Well, that's what it's SUPPOSED to be about. It's  really about a guy who works as a barber who drives around aimlessly, gets drunk, fights with his wife, and tries to convince his doctor that there's something wrong with him.

I just made it sound like something actually happens in this movie, when really all that happens is this guy drives around while annoying music plays in the background. I'm not joking when I say that over half of this movie's running time is us watching this guy drive around (I checked). The acting is pretty bad, the characters are all unlikable, and the script is really boring. We dont even get to see the guy kill any of his victims,  he just glares at them, then the camera starts to shake, and people throw themselves out a window or through a wall (again, I'm not joking, one guy throws himself through a wall! Not that I blame him; this movie made me want to throw myself through a wall too). Seriously, this movie was boring and pointless, and I kept wishing I could doze off and dream myself a better movie. Just trust me and skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment