Tuesday, October 2, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #5: "The Mothman of Point Pleasant"



When I was a kid, I used to love making up creepy stories. My friends and I would take turns trying to tell stories that would scare the crap out of each other. We also liked making up stories,  using details and things we'd seen happening around us, pretending there were ghosts or monsters or evil cults around us, and we were the only ones smart enough to realize it. Blame "The Goonies" and our overactive imaginations, I guess.

My point is, we would have loved movies like this when I was a kid, since its story of an evil force taking over a small town was right up our alley. It's  a documentary about a creepy creature that seems to be haunting the citizens of a small town. The stories of sightings from the past, back in the 60s, have the feel of tall tales that have been passed on for so many years that it's hard to take them seriously.

There are more recent sightings, though, and people in the area give interviews in the movie to tell their stories,  and they certainly seem to believe what they're saying, so it's freaky. Even if the stories are made up, it's still fun hearing people tell their stories, so this movie is a fun watch, and it's short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment