Friday, October 12, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #31: "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death"



I know, I know, I blame the respiratory virus I have for clouding my brain and making me think that this movie would in any way be a good idea. Too bad cold medicine doesn't have cocaine in it anymore, because I think that might have helped. I want to make it clear, I didn't think this movie would be Oscar worthy or anything, but I was hoping it would be a horror comedy with some good, snarky humor.  I should have known better.

So this movie (if we're going to pretend it has a plot) is about a tribe of women in the jungle who are radical feminists,  so radical that they've devolved to more primitave ways of liv9, so they solve their conflicts with men by trapping them and eating them. The government is concerned, not bec9murder is wrong or anything, but because the women are living in a jungle that produces the majority of the country's avocados, so they send in a famous feminist college professor to try and convince the cannibal women to relocate.

As you'd expect, the acting is bad because no one is even pretending to take these proceedings seriously. Bill Maher makes an appearance as the guide who leads the expedition into the jungle (because let's bring along a man when we're visiting a tribe that eats men) but even he can't make this movie funny. It's just stupid, stupid, stupid, until it ends. There are some nice books on display, but that's about it. Even scream Queen Adrienne Barbeau can't save this movie (though it's always nice to see her). Just watch something else. Preferably some9actually funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment