Monday, October 29, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #91: "Silent Rage (1982)"



Hey, did you guys know Chuck Norris was in a slasher movie? I just found out, and of course I had to watch it right away. I think I saw this movie back when I was a kid, when I was obsessed with action movies, but that was back before I knew what a slasher movie was, so 8 wouldn't have made the connection.

When this movie opens, we get to see a preternaturally strong guy chop up a bunch of people with an axe, then Chuck Norris takes him down, then the doctors decide to try their super secret formula that makes people unkillable on this guy (because the best candidate for being unstoppable is a crazed axe murderer) and he predictably goes on a killing spree. Who'd have thought?

Killers in slasher movies are traditionally hard to kill. At least this movie gives us a reason for the guy being like, super strong and refusing to die. If this guy was still alive after being shot like 8 times back at the beginning of the movie before the doctors injected him with the potion, it was definitely a bad idea to try this experiment on him. Good thing we had Chuck Norris around to fight him. This movie is ridiculous of course, but it's still fun seeing Chuck Norris take on a psycho killer. Funtimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment