Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #96: "The Sleeping Room"



Ok, this poster is way creepy,  and much cooler than the one Amazon has advertising this movie. I call foul, because if they'd used THIS poster, the movie would have looked much better, and I probably wouldn't have waited so long to check it out. I'm so glad I finally did, though, because this movie is great.

So this movie is about a call girl named Blue who gets sent on a job to an old house being restored by a guy who seems more interested in hanging out and spending time with her than just having sex with her. She explores the house with him, watching some old movies he found in the house,  and they discover a hidden room that holds even more clues that seem to be connected to Blue's past. Soon it becomes clear that the house holds something sinister, too, and it seems to want Blue to stay...forever.

Why do we hear nonstop about tons of crappy movies, when little hidden gems like this exist and no one talks about them? I've never even heard of this movie before,  but it's one of the best I've watched this year (a lot of people seem to dislike it, but that's the story of my life). I cared about the characters, I loved Blue, and I wanted her to break free of her abusive pimp. I liked the budding love story, I was hooked on watching the mystery unfold, and the movie had me on the edge of my seat, jumping more than once. This is a good old fashioned ghost story, and I loved every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment