Friday, October 21, 2022

October Horror Challenge 2022 #86: "Curse of Crom: The Legend of Halloween"

Peacock recommended this movie to me after I watched "Halloween Ends" last night because I guess they know I dig horror and ghost stories. This movie is about a group of teenagers who accidentally release an ancient evil and need to banish it before Halloween night. I hate it when I accidentally release an ancient evil while I'm hanging out with my friends. It happens so often in these movies that you'd think it was easy to do, but luckily my friends and I never managed to release any ancient evil beings while we were traipsing around telling each other ghost stories and saying "Bloody Mary" in front of the bathroom mirror.

The teenagers in this movie look really old to be teenagers. I know that's common in movies, but it's really distracting me here for some reason. The bad guy in this movie is a guy in an obvious rubber mask with a black hooded Cape that looks like something a modern-day scooby doo villain would wear. The final showdown comes complete with cartoony looking ghosts and the scooby doo looking villain dying a very scooby doo worthy death. I think this movie is meant for kids, so maybe I shouldn't judge it too harshly, and if I were ten years old I would probably really like it, so maybe you should watch it with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment