Saturday, October 29, 2022

October Horror Challenge 2022 #109: "Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge"

After I took a turn as the Halloween grinch when I didn't like the first Halloweentown movie, my friend recommended that I watch the second movie because she thought I would like that one better, so I waited to check it out until today. Let's see what I think of it. In this sequel, a warlock has stolen Marnie's grandma's spellbook and cast a spell called the Greyspell that reverses all the magic in Halloweentown and turns everything magical normal. The spell will also turn all the humans into whatever costume they're wearing at midnight on Halloween. Suddenly Marnie and her magical friend find themselves in a race against time to get the spellbook back and save all the humans from permanent Halloween horror.

My friend was right, I like this movie much better than the first. It's actually fun like the first one was supposed to be. I like the magic spells and their funny results were actually funny to me instead of being ridiculous like I found the first one. There's not much more I can say about this movie, but it's a fun little Halloween movie to watch with kids and get them interested in horror the way we are. I had a lot of fun with it, and I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment