Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October Horror Challenge 2022 #101: "The Exorcist III"

I tell people that this is my Exorcist movie, because it's my favorite exorcist movie by far. I've never liked The Exorcist no matter how many times I've watched it over the years, but I loved this one from the first time I saw it. I don't know what it is about this movie that I love so much, but every time I watch it I find something new to scare me. This time around I noticed how the priest who dies near the beginning of the movie is such good friends with the cop in the movie, and the cop is obviously mourning his friend while he investigates the murders in the movie, and how that affects the way he acts throughout the movie. I also noticed how many staircases appear throughout the movie and how they help build the suspense in so many scenes. The movie is pretty brilliant and it gives me something new to appreciate every time I watch it.

This movie is about a police lieutenant played by George C. Scott who notices similarities between his recent case and the murders committed by the "Gemini killer" who died by electric chair 15 years ago. He soon discovers a hospitalized mental patient who claims to be the Gemini killer, but who resembles a priest the lieutenant once knew who died during an exorcism. Soon more bodies are piling up, and the lieutenant looks for more similarities between the two supposedly dead men.

The atmosphere in this movie is ridiculous because it's so tense that even when nothing is happening it has me on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen, so every loud noise is a jump scare because it has me jumping out of my skin. I've seen this movie so many times that there's not much more I can say about it. It has the best jump scare ever in it, and the best movie decapitation of all time too. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment