Sunday, October 30, 2022

October Horror Challenge 2022 #111: "V/H/S 99"

The first V/H/S movie was released in 2012, so 10 years ago now, at a time when found footage horror films were still all the rage, and V/H/S was one of the best, at least as far as I'm concerned. It featured 5 mini found footage horror films and some were more successful than the rest, but they were all pretty cool. V/H/S 2 was good too, and then V/H/S Viral was pretty terrible, so I wasn't sure how this sequel would be, but I decided to give it a chance anyway because I heard good things, so let's see how this movie is.

This is a 2022 American found footage horror film with 5 installments by 5 different filmmakers. "Shredding," "Suicide Bid," "Ozzy's Dungeon," "The Gawkers," and "To Hell and Back."

The movie has installments that work and those that don't, and we probably won't agree on which are which for sure. For my money, "Shredding" and "Suicide Bid" are the two best stories in this movie, but all of them except the last one are pretty good. I think the last one requires a different sense of humor than I have, because I think it was supposed to be funny, but I didn't laugh. I know I'm the most humorless person in all the land, but it seriously just annoyed me. I would say this movie is a lot better than V/H/S Viral, though, for what that's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment