Monday, October 10, 2022

October Horror Challenge 2022 #43: "Predator (1987)"

This is one of those movies that I watched as a kid, or rather it was on but I didn't pay enough attention to it, so I need to watch it again to make sure that I retain the information this time. Arnold schwarzenegger used to be the coolest guy ever (second only to Sylvester Stallone) so I always liked watching his movies (Commando was my favorite). Let's see how this movie holds up all these years later.

This movie is about a guy named Dutch (played by Arnold schwarzenegger) who is a vigilante hired by the US government to quietly rescue some politicians being held hostage in Guatemala. But when Dutch and his team land in central America, it becomes clear that something is gravely wrong. They discover a bunch of dead bodies that have been skinned alive, and soon they discover that they are being stalked by a deadly creature that can hide by blending in with its surroundings. How do you stop an alien creature like that, one you can't see? Will they be able to defeat the creature or will they wind up skinned like the rest of its victims?

Arnold Schwarzenegger is still pretty cool even after all these years. He's the main actor in this movie and he carries the movie with his performance. There'snot much for me to say about this movie otherwise. It takes Dutch way longer to figure things out than it would have taken me, but then I don't trust anyone so I would have been suspicious from the start and probably refused to go on the mission. There's some good gore from the skinned corpses of the Predator's victims and the fight scenes are cool. This is a fun action horror movie and I'm glad I checked it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment