Thursday, October 6, 2022

October Horror Challenge 2022 #27: "Scary Movie 5"

I knew I'd watched this movie before, but I couldn't remember exactly, so I decided that it would be fine to check it out again this year since it's been a few years since I last saw it and it would work out fine to get some of the freakier images from It Chapter 1 out of my head before I tried going to sleep. The Scary Movies are always good for some laughs, however crude and crass they may be.

This movie mainly mocks The movie Mama and the Paranormal Activity sequels. The plot is loosly about a husband and wife who bring their nephew and nieces home after the kids have been surviving on their own in the wild for three months. Soon supernatural forces are stalking their home, so they start using cameras to document the paranormal activity happening around them. Eventually, they realize that an entity known onlly as "Mama" is trying to claim the little girls as her own. Will they be able to defeat the spirit and save their neices before it's too late?

The movie also mocks Black Swan as the wife, played by Ashley Tisdale (in a huge departure from her Disney roles) dances ballet and is trying out for the lead in Swan Lake, so they fit in lots of Black Swan themed jokes. The Paranormal Activity sequel that I recognized most in the jokes was part 2, with the housekeeper and the baby boy featuring largely in the plot once the family moves into the house. As with most Scary movies, there isn't much to say about this one except that I found it to be gross, silly fun and I enjoyed watching it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment