Wednesday, October 30, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #89: "Santa Claus (1959)"




I vaguely remembered a movie about Santa Claus fighting the devil from sometime in my childhood. It turns out I wasn't just imagining that, but this weird little creepy movie actually exists. It's about how Santa Claus is a force of good, and he lives in heaven, and he uses magic to help him travel around the world every Christmas eve and deliver toys to all the good boys and girls in the world. Because the devil is as force of evil, he tries to stop Santa every year, coming into children's dreams and talking to them, trying to convince them to turn evil and do bad things.

That's extremely freaky, and I have to wonder who thought this was a good idea for a movie and what kinds of parents thought it was a good idea to let their kids watch it. This is even creepier than that Santa Claus movie from the 80s that I also watched when I was a kid. Yikes. Don't inflict this movie on your kids, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment