Sunday, October 13, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #39: "Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy"




Can you believe someone made a movie called "Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy"? Seriously, was every other title taken? I have a distinct feeling that this is NOT going to be one of those movies that turns out to be something I like. Good thing I opted for the snarky Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary.


It's sad when the parody poster mocking the original movie poster is actually better than the real poster. Yeesh. It's also sad when the first TWO THIRDS of the movie is  all one guy taking FOREVER telling the story of how he and his colleagues activated a curse and released an evil Aztec mummy. Great job,  idiots. Everything is ng in this movie takes way longer than it should to get to the point. They were really trying to pad the running time. As the commentary says:

"This is the kind of movie you DON'T pause when you leave the room." "Yeah, it kind of encourages you to go make a sandwich."

"I like my mummy killing scenes in slow motion." "I like my acting in slow motion  too obviously."

"I looked up 'anticlimax' in the dictionary and it said 'see Aztec Mummy."

As always, the commentary makes the movie more fun. I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment