Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #30: "Devil Fish"



Cool poster, huh? So anyway, when you watch as many movies as I do, and particularly when most of those movies are low-budget horror movies that were released under more than one title, it's inevitable that you'll eventually run into a movie you've seen before. I was minding my own business, watching "Devil Fish," but my spidey sense kept tingling, telling me that I've seen this movie before. I wrecked my brain, but all I could recall was watching a similar movie called "Shark." Then I do an internet search, and lo and behold:


Dammit! In my defense, I remembered this as as an Italian horror movie, and "Devil Fish" was supposed to take place in Florida, but right away you can tell these actors aren't from the United States. I don't think Florida has this many Italian people in it, but what do I know.

So this movie is about scientists who stumble on what they think is a giant shark killing people, but soon they figure out that it's actually a prehistoric fish (one that's really pissed off, apparently, because they keep remarking on how the fish seems to be filled with satanic rage. How relatable. Same, devil fish, same). So the scientists try to track the fish and capture it or kill it or fight with each other over personal drama while the shark slowly eats them all (their motives aren't really clear).

There's some cool gore, but most of the movie shows the humans making out, having creepy sex, and fighting with each other. I was totally rooting for the shark to eat everyone. The poster is definitely cooler than the movie. I can't believe I've now watched it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment