Saturday, October 19, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #55: "Cinematic Titanic: The Oozing Skull"



Boy did I ever need this today. I wasn't really sure what "cinematic titanic" was, but I was hoping it would involve people making snide comments over bad horror movies,  and my prayers were answered!

"The Oozing Skull" is a bad 70s exploitation flick that I somehow missed watching before. It's about a dying man who rules over a small country, and his last wish is for a crazy doctor he knows to try to save his life by using what sounds like an impossible scheme: remove his brain and transplant it into another body. Of course, this procedure is not sanctioned by mainstream medicine, so it has to be done in secret, and the origin of the donor bost and donor blood for the operation are obtained through nefarious means. Once the transplant occurs the doctor can control the man, and evil and murder ensue.

The acting is bad and the effects are cheap and laughable. We do get to see some cool gore though. A guy's face is melted with acid and a bunch of people are cut open and brains are removed. It's a very messy process. As always, the snarky commentary makes the movie even more fun. I was laughing so hard I snorted peanut butter ice cream up my nose. Some of my favorite comments:

"The man who killed Mohammed!"
"That's my favorite Ray Stevens novelty song!"

"Crouching tiger, hidden douchebag."

 "Hold still so I can kick your ass in one place!"

 "When I grow up I'm gonna need lots of therapy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment