Sunday, October 13, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #38: "Uninvited (1988)"



I always wanted to watch this movie when I was a kid. It had a cat, and I loved cats, plus I loved horror movies too, so it was a match made in heaven. Of course, there was no way my mom would ever let me watch this movie, so all I could do was dream, but I still remember those movie posters with the terrified, screaming cat with some kind of monster climbing out of its throat.

This movie is about a bunch of scientists who are studying a stray cat with some kind of weird condition,  and they're geniuses, so they let the cat escape, and it winds up on a boat with a bunch of partying young adults and some violent criminals. I watched this movie last year for the horror Challenge, so I opted for the Rifftrax version this time so I could listen to some snarky commentary to ho along with the cheesy movie, which is where I heard snarky comments like this:

"It's Indiana nerd and the temple of dork."

"Aaaah, the monster is eating me and its inconsistent size is confusing!"

Gotta love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment