Monday, October 28, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #74: "Time of the Apes"




I didn't really get this movie. It's very over-the-top and silly, and I wondered why the acting and characterization were so...immature, for want of s better word. Now that I went looking for a poster for the movie to include with this review, though, I realize that this was a kid's horror movie, so it wasn't aimed at adults, and that actually makes more sense.

The movie is about some kids visiting their uncle at his lab where he works with animals, and something goes wrong, so the kids and the lab assistant take shelter in some cryogenic tanks, but when they emerge from the tanks they've been transported to an alternate reality where the world is ruled by apes and they want to kill and/or imprison all humans.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense, and it's ridiculous, but it's kind of "Planet of the Apes" for kids, I guess. The action is pretty cartoonish, but i probably would have liked it better if I were a kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment