Monday, October 28, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #75: "Bride of the Monster"




Maybe I'm just desensitized from watching so many bad movies, but this movie actually didn't seem that bad to me. I mean, it's silly and over-the-top and all, but I actually didn't mind watching it. It's certainly better than "Plan 9 from Outer Space," which is another Ed Wood flick.

Bela Lugosi plays a disgraced scientist who lives in a secluded estate and performs experiments on people who are unlucky enough to find themselves in his clutches. After a string of such disappearances and sightings of a "monster" in the area, a reporter goes looking for a story, and she gets caught up in the scientist's evil plot.

There's a ridiculous looking monster, and the special effects are terrible, but Bela Lugosi manages to exude menace, so I liked his performance, and the movie actually has a halfway decent plot, at least when compared with "Plan 9." Like I said, I might just be desensitized, but I didn't mind watching this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment