Saturday, October 19, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #56: "Cinematic Titanic: The Alien Factor"



This movie was terrible. Like,  sometimes with these movies I can follow the plot and be entertained along with appreciating the sarcastic commentary, but not with this one. It barely had a plot. A spaceship crash lands in the woods surrounding a small town, people start getting killed, a guy arrives saying he can stop the killings, a bunch of people take long,  boring walks through the woods, then a plot twist comes that even my cat could see coming a mile away.

I bet you think I'm just being a dick with that jab about people walking through the woods, but I was so bored I started timing it, and over two thirds of the movie's running time is just people walking through the woods. Seriously, even my favorite comments focus on that:

"See, that's the problem with the kind of comedy we do, riffing, is that sometimes, people are just walking through the goddamn woods."

"Remember when I was complaining about all the scenes of people walking through the woods? That was before I knew that walking through the YARD was an option."

Seriously, whatever you do, don't attempt to watch this movie without some kind of commentary. You'll die. It's science.

No comments:

Post a Comment