Wednesday, October 16, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #45: "Boggy Creek II: and the Legend Continues"




The cover of this movie is awesome looking, but something tells me the movie isn't going to be as cool as the poster. I wanted to watch the original "Legend of Boggy Creek" when I was a kid, mostly because it was a horror movie and I wanted to see all horror movies ,but also because I loved sitting around telling legends with my friends, so the title sounded cool.

The first movie is about bigfoot (legendary monster that's supposed to be the missing link between humans and the apes from which we evolved...which sounds like a very scientific explanation for a big hairy monster people claim to see in the woods). This movie continues the story of bigfoot creature sightings in the woods surrounding a small town in Arkansas. A professor hears of the sightings and travels with some of his students to camp in the woods and investigate the sightings.

What's with all the professors in these movies taking trips with their students to investigate monsters? I must have missed out, because none of my professors ever did anything this cool. The farthest I ever traveled with a professor was when my class took a bus trip to some local sand dunes. We didn't see any monsters. Disappointing.

Honestly though, my trip to the sand dunes was probably more interesting than the trip in Boggy Creek 2. They see the monster a few times, and talk with other people who have seen the monster, and have an extended encounter with a baby monster, then they conclude that the creature should be left alone to live a secluded existence in nature, blah blah blah. I think they could have concluded that without having to travel to the woods and fight and complain for three days, but what do I know? This movie was really boring.  It would be more fun to go to the woods with friends and sit around a campfire and tell your own stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment