Monday, October 14, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #43: "Zombie Nightmare"



This poster is really cool, but I have the distinct feeling that the poster will be better than the movie. I love how most of the advertisements for this movie mention the music in the soundtrack more than anything else.


Of course, as a heavy metal fan, this would lure me in to see the movie anyway, so I guess it works.

The movie is about a guy who witnessed an act of violence when he was a kid. As a young adult , he suffers a hit and run, and when he dies, he is brought back with voodoo and he becomes a vigilante who fights crime and corrupt cops. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

I like how it's the guy's grieving mother who uses the voodoo to summon him back. It made me think of "Pumpkinhead," which is a much better movie than this one, but has a similar story of a grieving parent getting revenge. I also love how the car full of people who hit the guy just drive off without trying to help. They've probably seen "I Know what You did Last Summer." I also love how Adam West, who played TV'S Batman in the 60s, plays a corrupt cop in this movie. What a jerk.

It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.  Yeah, the special effects are silly and the acting sometimes leaves much to be desired,  but the plot is actually pretty cool. This is one of those movies that's begging to be remade. With a bigger budget and some better actors, this might actually be a good movie. This is what filmmakers should focus on, instead of remaking movies that are already good. Take a movie like this, with obvious room for improvement, and make something that would surprise people. As it is, I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment