Monday, October 21, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #58: "Legacy of Blood"





I'm sorry, this movie has so many cool posters that I couldn't choose just one. I love how sleazy they look. That definitely adds to the ick factor of the movie, and trust me, there's lots of icky stuff in this movie. There's child abuse, incest, sadism, nazism, torture, murder, and everyone in the movie is crazy and having sex with everyone else in the movie, and it's disgusting. I love it.

So the movie starts with the death of a rich, eccentric guy who lived on a huge palatial estate and ruled over his family with a tyrannical fist. He leaves them all millions of dollars in his will, as he explains in a videotape he left behind, but first the each have to spend a week living in his mansion before they can collect their money. Of course, it doesn't even take a week for everything to deteriorate into a huge mess of torture and murder. And you thought YOUR family was bad. Yeesh.

So everyone in this movie is insane, evil, horrible, abusive, racist, and I hated them all, so there's no one to root for. Fortunately we get to watch them all die in horrible ways. They're beheaded, chopped up with an axe, killed by a swarm of angry bees, crushed to death. You get the idea. I think the "death by bees" best of all. It's fun to hear the snarky comments play over the movie too, courtesy of "Cinematic Titanic." Some of my favorites:

 "This is the most black and white color movie I've ever seen."

 "I think we should see other siblings."

 "See, this is why I live in an apartment. It really keeps your pre-death wandering to a minimum."

"Hey look! I'm acting backwards!"

 "Let's just stand here in a room full of bees, huh?"

Funtimes. John Carradine really isn't capable of being in a normal movie, amirite? This movie is sleazy, horrible, reprehensible, and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment