Friday, October 25, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #68: "The Screaming Skull"




Now THIS is what I'm talking about. This movie is bad, but it still manages to be entertaining, and it has a plot, and character development, and even a halfway cool story. I would have loved this movie when I was a kid. I wanted to watch it back then, so I don't know what happened. Just got distracted I guess. I'm glad I finally got to see it though.

So this movie is about a newly married woman who loves with her new husband into the house he shared with his dead wife, who also died in the yard (dude, what the fuck? Why in hell would you still live there?) Soon after moving in, the nee wife starts being haunted by the ghost of her husband's last wife. That's what happens when you move into a haunted ass house, idiots.

There's also a creepy gardener who lives on the grounds and grew up with the dead wife. It's her house they're living in, which makes even less sense to me, why the hell wouldn't you sell the house and move after your wife dies in your backyard? It's not even his house, so it's not like he has a connection to it. I guess it makes sense with what you discover later in the movie, but if I were the nee wife, I would have put my foot down and refused to move into that creepy place.

The haunting scenes manage to be somewhat unsettling, though the "twist" is super easy to figure out. There's some cool payback at the end that reminded me of the Tales from the Crypt comics I loved as a kid. Bad things happening to bad people will never get old. So yeah, this movie is silly and has s lot of long, dragging scenes, and some of the characters are complete dipshits, but I still had fun with this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment