Monday, October 1, 2012

Stage Fright (2005)


I want to make it clear that this is the "Stage Fright" from 2005, because I don't want you to confuse it with the masterful slasher from the 80s, because you should definitely watch that movie and avoid this one at all costs. Seriously. There's not one thing I can think of to recommend this movie. The acting is terrible, the dialogue is terrible, the camerawork is so bad I spent half my time making fun of the camera guy instead of paying attention to the "plot" and I still didn't miss anything (seriously, at one point he mimics an earthquake by shaking the camera really hard). Near the end, the movie decides it wants to throw in a "plot twist," but you can't have a plot twist when the plot has been virtually nonexistent up to this point, so it just becomes confusing and headache-inducing instead of thrilling. I don't even want to include a good quality poster image with this review, because I don't want you to be able to identify this movie and possibly track it down. Watch something else instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment