Saturday, October 27, 2012

Supernatural Season 6 Episode 18: The Monster at the End of this Book


The show "Supernatural" goes meta with this episode, and I really enjoyed it, starting with the title.  for those of you who don't know, "The Monster at the End of this Book" is the name of a children's book which goes from page to page promising that there will be a big monster at the end.  It's a fun little reference, and I like that I caught it (I'm a big kid at heart, apparently).  The monster at the end of this episode is Lilith, the antisocial demon who is wreaking so much havoc throughout this season of the series, and the episode reveals some interesting details that help add to the overarching story of this season, but it's also fun for people who might not know about the whole big story and just want to enjoy watching Sam and Dean discover the dime-store novel versions of themselves that are popular with geeks and nerds like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment