Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Haunting of Sorority Row


This is one of those Lifetime horror movies that they release around Halloween, and I usually enjoy them. There was another of these movies from a few years ago, Devil's Diary, and I liked that one a lot, so I was really looking forward to watching this movie. I really like Leighton Meester as an actress, and she's likable in this movie as a new pledge at a sorority with a lot of secrets. I didn't really like the sorority sisters in this movie. They were self-involved, arrogant know-it-alls, so it was fun watching them get tormented by a ghost. The only thing I really didn't like was the character of Oliver, who was Leighton Meester's boyfriend. He plays the nerdy one who figures everything out and explains to everyone what's going on in a long-winded speech that was kind of ridiculous. Other than that, though, the movie was spooky fun, so I liked it. I love gore, but not everything has to be a gore fest to be a fun Halloween watch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment