Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Creature from the Black Lagoon


I've wanted to see this movie ever since I was a kid.  I thought I had seen this movie before, but now I'm not so sure.  Maybe my feeble old mind is simply playing tricks on me.  either way, this is a cool movie that holds up better than a movie this old with a guy in a rubber suit has any business of doing.  the creature here is still pretty cool, and even in a rubber suit, the actor manages to capture the loneliness of the creature's existence, and his fear and rage when pesky humans come bothering him and disturbing his home, and I kind of felt sorry for the guy.  Plus I love how every time some guy was left alone to guard the only woman on the crew, he ended up dead.  After the second time, I'd be like "sorry, I'm not staying with her, she's bad luck."  It's funny how the dumbass guys on the crew never clue in to the fact that the monster is after HER, so they should watch HER and not swim off in search of the monster, because he always winds up going after HER, not them.  Still, the movie was a fun watch and a nice break from the stupid CGI idiocy of the last movie I watched today.

No comments:

Post a Comment