Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Nun


I remember everyone complaining about this movie when it was first released, but luckily I don't listen to what anyone else says, or I might not have picked up this movie as a blind buy back then.  I enjoyed it the first time I watched it,since it's a nasty little gory romp that doesn't shy away from the gore, so I was excited to pick it up again and see if I still enjoyed it today.  I did like it, with a few caveats.  I guess I forgot in the intervening years how unlikable the characters in this movie are.  the teenagers are self-absorbed in the worst way, and I can't believe that I didn't guess the twist ending back then, because it's painfully obvious from the beginning of the movie, but this is still a lot of spooky fun, so I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment