Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lake Mungo


I'm officially never listening to anyone ever again.  I'm pissed.  This movie was fine, and it would have been good if I hadn't heard so many people go on and on and ON bout how scary this movie was, how ti terrified them, how it was the scariest movie they watched last year, etc.  By the time I saw it, I expected terror of the utmost variety, and what I got was a sad little introspective piece about a grieving family who miss their daughter.  yes, there are supernatural elements, and yes, they get creepy from time to time, but if you're expecting the terror of your life, you'll be disappointed.  It annoys me, because I don't think this movie was even supposed to be about all that.  It's much more about grief and loss and coming to terms with losing someone you love, and moving on without losing their memory, and reconciling the person you might find out about after they die with the image you have in your head of the person you lost, and it really is a good movie about those things.  It's just not very scary.  And that's fine, not every movie needs to scare me into a coma, but that's what people said this movie would do, so I was disappointed by it, but that's not the movie's fault.  Like I said, this is worth checking out, but don't go in expecting it to scare you out of your wits and you might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment