Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Occupant


This movie was pretty cool.  the description is misleading of course, because it leads me to believe that this is going to be a ghost story, and it's not exactly, but it's not exactly NOT a ghost story, either, so you know.  I wasn't sure what was going on here most of the time because this movie is so off-kilter, and the lead character here becomes more and more unhinged as the story progresses, which was even more unsettling.  He was likable enough that I did feel bad for him, though, so that aspect of the movie worked for me.  Basically, this movie is about a guy who inherits a rent-controlled apartment from his dead grandmother, but from the time he moves in, his life slowly becomes more and more unraveled.  I was never sure exactly what was happening and what to believe, so the movie made my eye twitch and got under my skin, and it's not so long that it becomes tedious, plus the ending is pretty killer, so I enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment