Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Sentinel


I've been wanting to check out this movie for a long time, and since I studiously avoid online reviews and trailers, I hadn't had any of the plot twists spoiled for me (though maybe I should start avoiding movie posters now, too, since the fucking poster for this movie gives away the ending). As such, I didn't know what to expect, but the movie was engaging. I really liked the main character and identified with her. I felt bad for her when her new apartment turned out to be in an apartment building full of weird neighbors, and I was sympathetic when I heard her backstory about an uncaring and abusive father who drove her to attempt suicide in her teens. I'm not going to give away what happens to this woman, but it's not pretty, and the movie has balls for being so dark and grim. It does drag a bit in the middle and I found myself dozing off, but the ending makes up for that in spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment