Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Deranged


This is the kind of movie that makes me want to take a nap.  Seriously.  I don't know who it was who told me that this movie was good, but I'll be hunting that person down as soon as I get a chance.  Lord what a BORING movie.  At only about an hour and twenty minutes long, this exercise in pointlessness feels at least fives times as long, and there's no point to the movie.  A man lives alone raised by his religious zealot mother (and no, this isn't The Waterboy, so there's no Adam Sandler to entertain us) who controls him and fills his head with ideas about how women and sex are evil, then she dies, so he goes off the deep end and starts killing women.

There's a newsman who keeps showing up to narrate parts of the movie for us, so he walks onscreen and tells us what we just saw (thanks, captain obvious) because the movie is supposed to be a sort of filmed adaptation of news footage detailing this man's crimes.  The story is interesting enough that if the filmmakers wanted, they could have made this movie good, but they were too busy smoking crack to bother trying to make an entertaining movie, so what we're left with is this swill.  The movie keeps trying to be funny, but all it manages to do is annoy me.  I prayed for it to end.  It seemed to go on for years.  I lost the will to watch anything else, so I just went to bed.  Fuck you too, filmmakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment