Monday, October 22, 2012

Hell Night


This is one of those movies I've wanted to see for years but never got the chance.  It's a slasher, and I love slashers, where a cast of characters get picked off one by one by a killer until there's only one (sometimes a few more) left to try and fight and kill the evil once and for all.  This movie stars Linda Blair of "The Exorcist" fame, all grown up and playing a college student pledging a sorority on "Hell Night," the night before Halloween.

On this night, the final test the pledges must endure is to spend the night in a creepy old house where a man once killed his entire family, except for his deformed son, who is said to still roam the house at night looking for revenge.  Creepy, right?  And of course the leaders in the fraternity and sorority plan to sneak by the house during the night and scare the shit out of the poor pledges inside, but what no one knows (except for the audience who have seen many of these types of movies before) is that the stories of the massacre that happened at this house are true, and a killer lurks in the shadows of the house, ready to prey on the trespassers.

This movie isn't anything groundbreaking, since it follows the same slasher formula I've seen a million times, but that's ok, because I love this formula and the movies it begets.  the acting here is halfway decent, the characters are likable enough and the ones who aren't get killed, so they don't bother me much.  I had a lot of fun with this slasher and I'm glad I finally got a chance to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment