Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Salvage


I honestly had no idea what to expect from this movie.  I only knew that it was some kind of creature feature, with a crate washing ashore that may have contained some kind of creature that may now be terrorizing a small town.  the description was vague enough to intrigue me and make me check this out, and I'm so glad I did.  It's a tense little gory horror gem that held my interest from beginning to end.

The movie opens with a teenage girl being forced to spend Christmas with her estranged mother.  She walks in on mom "entertaining" a male guest and storms off.  Just then, something begins to happen in the town.  Helicopters are flying overhead, soldiers are searching houses and telling residents to stay put without explaining why, and there's a lot of confusion and bloodshed and dead neighbors, and no one is sure what is going on.  The woman on the movie poster spends most of the movie worried about her daughter and wanting to know if she's safe, but no one is talking and no one seems to know much of anything.

I'm not going to give anything away, but the gore in this movie is great, and I actually wound up liking the characters and feeling bad for the horrible situation in which they find themselves.  It's tense and grim and riveting from start to finish, and I'm glad I checked this movie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment