Monday, October 1, 2012

Piranha 3D



I recalled this movie being a lot of fun when I watched it when it originally came out in theaters, and it was as much fun as I remembered. An underwater earthquake rips a hole in the bottom of a huge lake and creates a rift that releases thousands of hungry prehistoric piranha into the water just as Spring Break brings a bunch of tourists to a small town. Lots of people get munched on, there is a ton (and I mean a TON) of icky, nasty, disgusting gore. That's a compliment, of course, since I love gore. The action in this movie actually stops for ten whole minutes while we watch a bunch of college students become fish food, and it's gory and glorious. There are also an abundance of nice boobs to watch, and I liked the main characters enough to not mind watching them try to defeat the fish before they become fishy dinner. This movie isn't high art or anything, but it's a fun watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment