Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When a Stranger Calls (2006) (movie #20)

This remake is one I think I misjudged a little when it first came out, and now that I've seen the original, I can understand this one a bit better. First of all, when my friends and I first watched this movie,we were shocked what the babysitter only checks the children once after getting a bunch of taunting phone calls, but after seeing the original and watching that girl NEVER check the children at all, suddenly this newer babysitter doesn't seem so bad.

I really don't understand why people dump all over this movie so much. Yeah,it's not going to be as shocking or scary as something like "Five Across the Eyes," but it's as scary as the original movie and this one does some things differently which make it interesting (at least for me). I don't understand the amount of bad press this movie gets. The babysitter doesn't seem so bad now that I've seen the original,and I think the movie has some good jump scares and some cool moments. It's not perfect but it spooked me enough to make it enjoyable, so I'm glad I watched it again, now that I have something to compare it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment