Sunday, October 18, 2009

Prince of Darkness (movie #51)

I saw this movie when I was in college and I was just getting obsessed with horror movies again.so of course I loved it back then, and I was worried that if I watched it again now, it wouldn't be as good as I remembered. Luckily I was wrong. this movie is just as creepy and effective as I remember. It's pretty weird and messed up though, so I don't know if everyone will like it as much as I do.

The plot concerns a church that has housed a secret for years; this vat of icky green slime that is supposed to be the living embodiment of evil. A group of physics students at a college are asked to investigate this substance (of course none of them believe the "it's evil" warnings) and as they hang out in a building that used to be a church, running tests and examining the yucky green substance, it slowly starts to take over their bodies and turns them into drones bent on doing its bidding. That sounds really stupid (I thought the same thing) but I assure you, the premise works. I don't know if it's the acting (Alice Cooper drops by to play a creepy character, and I geeked out because I love him) or if it's the creepy fucking music (a great score by John Carpenter here) but something about this movie gets under my skin and stays there. I'm glad I watched it again and that it's as cool as I remembered it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment