Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance (movie #40)

Ok, this was the sequel to the much-maligned "Bloodrayne," and again, I don't think this movie is as bad as people say it is. It's got some interesting imagery, not bad acting (all things considered...at least these people know how to say their lines, and the Preacher is actually quite good) and it has a better plot than the original.

The movie follows the further adventures of Rayne, the half-human, half-vampire vampire hunter, as she seeks to rid the world of evil vampire scum. She rides around on horseback collecting a crew to help her dispatch vampires, and some of these scenes are actually pretty effective. For instance, when she's picking up a con man posing as a preacher, the way the guy delivers his sermon and then strong arms an old lady into giving up her whole savings to the church is actually disturbing to watch (at least for me). Michael Eklund as the preacher does a good job, like I said earlier. Natassia Malthe as Rayne is no Kristanna Loken, but she's not a bad actress (again, all things considered) and she's easy on the eyes,which makes the movie easier to watch.

I can see from the comments on IMDB that people don't share my high view of this movie. I still don't get why people hate it so much, though. Yes, it's cheesy and bad and there are idiotic things that happen throughout its running time. What were you expecting from this movie? Oscar worthy performances? I expected a dumb but entertaining watch,and that's exactly what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment