Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Deaths of Ian Stone (movie #80)

Um...i think I'm missing something here. People raved about how great this movie was, but I really honestly don't get it. All I see is someone squishing "Dark City" and "The Butterfly Effect" together to create a movie that...well, kind of bored me. Boo. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into it (and I liked the other movies more, the ones it ripped off...dude, the motto is "steal from the best and make it your own," not "steal from the best and run and hide before you get sued").

The movie is about a guy who dies a horrible death one night only to awaken and then die again and awaken and die again (lather, rinse, repeat...kind of like a really morbid "Groundhog Day") except he lives a different life every time he awakens. He doesn't know why this is happening, but he soon discovers something sinister is stalking him and wants him dead (it's all the viewers who are bored to tears by this movie, I swear). I wanted to like this more, but it just made me want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment