Monday, October 19, 2009

The Dunwich Horror (movie #54)

This movie was horrendously boring. Of course, it was on the SyFy network and it had previews that couldn't even make it look good, but you know,I'm a glutton for punishment (and I love movies about possession) so I decided to give it a try.

I can't even really explain the "plot" to you. A woman gets pregnant by her strange backwoods father, and at age ten the "kid" looks about 40 years old because of some ancient curse he needs to fulfill. A group of people who perform exorcisms are fighting with this evil backwoods family for possession of a book that will unlock the secrets to some ancient evil power. A bunch of boring people stand around and talk for hours, and that's really the movie in a nutshell. Not much happens (and what does happen doesn't make sense). I've seen a lot of DTV horror flicks that I like. This wouldn't be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment