Saturday, October 31, 2009

Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave (movie # 78)

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. This movie is as much fun as I was hoping for in a sequel to the zombie movie that gave me tons of fun back when I was a kid. My brother and I used to watch the original Return of the Living Dead whenever we got a chance (it aired on the USA network fairly regularly) and we had fun speculating about how the zombies managed to say "brains" when they didn't have lips (among other fun topics). The fourth movie (Necropolis) was kind of a let down, but this, the fifth movie, was a riot.

In the opening sequence of this movie, a guy is trying to sell a barrel of the infamous zombie-making nuclear waste when things go very wrong (let's just say he loses his head). His nephew learns of his death and when going through his stuff, finds more barrels of the waste. The nephew and his college friends discover that taking small amounts of the toxic waste can get you high, so they start selling it (as a drug called 'Z') which ends up wreaking holy havoc at a rave on Halloween.

This movie was a lot of fun. there seems to be a lot of hate for the movie, but I do0n't get that. It's not like the original wasn't stupid and campy. I for one had a lot of fun with this sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment